Asian Dating - Respect and Honour
Honour and respect are two of the most important elements in Asian culture, and they should not be overlooked when it comes to dating. For example, traditionally, Asian women are taught at a young age to know their place around men, treat them with respect and accommodate them, while men are taught to protect and provide for the girls. Although these traditions have become a faded practice in Western culture, respect still plays an significant role in the Asian dating scene.
If you're Asian and are looking for a serious relationship with a man or woman in your ethnic culture, you'll want to take into account that each and every move you make can be watched closely by your spouse's family, who might very well act as the third party to your date. With this in mind, here are a few tips you will want to think about when you begin dating:
* Make an Impression - Be on your best behaviour. Listen to your date, create casual conversation, and be accommodating and thoughtful.
* Heal your Date with Respect - Remember the saying"treat others as you want to be treated", well this is when it really counts. Be patient and considerate, even in the event that you find the subject of conversation to be of interest to you. You should acknowledge what's important to your own date and respect it.
* Give them space - You do not need to come on too strong in the connection, since this might either scare off your date, or make them jump to erroneous conclusions. Creating a comfortable dating experience is the best way for you to discover if what you've found is an acquaintance, friend or potential lover.
* Every once in a while see the planet Earth - Be careful not to be mislead into thinking that your dating relationship is something more than it is. Bear in mind, not everyone is looking for a long term commitment (which could include you) therefore, before you let your imagination run wild from misinterpretation, be sure to take a realistic look at the relationship that's developing.
* Above All have fun - Let's face it, the entire point to dating is all about having a great time, and enjoying another person's business, so don't be afraid to loosen up. Let your personality shine and take joy in your relationship experiences.
At the end all that should matter when it comes down to relationship, is that you and your date like one another's company, are comfortable together, and share similar interests and values.
If you realize that there's not any chemistry forming, it is time to say goodbye, and proceed, irrespective of how much your family might like them. After all, it's you who must make the decision when it comes to your love life, for only you can decide who truly makes you happy. Consequently, give yourself the respect and honour of making and standing by your relationship choices.